VStar Entertainment Group (“VStar” or the “Company”) is one of the nation’s leading multi-concept media and entertainment platforms and producer of family-friendly consumer shows and events. The company owns, operates and promotes multiple North American tours scheduled to visit more than 150 cities, including Sesame Street LIVE , a Broadway-quality musical production, produced in cooperation with Sesame Workshop; Paw Patrol Live ! Race to theRescue , a Broadway-quality interactive experience produced in cooperation with Nickelodeon, and Discover the Dinosaurs Unleashed , a dinosaur-themed, family-oriented, educational and entertainment touring exhibit. Past touring shows also include Care Bears Carealot ,_ *_Hasbro ’s_ _My Little Pony* , Kidzbop World Tour , and Curious George Live .
The Company also: (i) arranges international tours and operates tours for the USO; and (ii) owns a production shop that produces all sets, scenes, and costumes for its touring shows. Additionally, the company leverages these capabilities and services for the benefit of third parties including the building of the mascots for over 20 professional sports teams and organizations.
- As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead
- We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company
- We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual
Primary Objective of Position:
Under the direction of the Director of Technical Production, and at times in conjunction with a Project Manager, coordinate the successful completion of VStar tours and events through communication of information, scheduling of resources and ordering of materials. Utilize all resources at hand to produce the highest quality tour or event possible within the time and financial resources available.
Assist the Project Managers with coordination on VPS projects as assigned.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Assemble needed information from the Producer, creative team and/or Director of Technical Production. Facilitate good, clear communication and the timely dissemination of information to all stakeholders. Utilize written documents, calendars, and face to face meetings to maintain open communication between all departments and to create clear expectations, deadlines and deliverables.
- Assist the Director of Technical Production with the budgeting process prior to start of a tour or event, monitor budget during the production period and bring forward any issues that need attention, and aid in the recap of financials after the opening of an event or tour.
- Obtain needed materials through the VStar purchaser or by ordering materials directly from vendors, working to negotiate the best price and highest quality of goods available.
- Oversee the process to order, receive and deliver graphics needed for the tour or event, including working directly with designers, graphic vendors and shop leads.
- Assist in the set up and training of road crews here and on the road.
- Lead the documentation process of the tour or event by keeping track of purchases, building processes, creating flame books, and the taking of archive photos.
- Travel as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional Performance Criteria:
Ability to perform assigned duties and responsibilities under minimal supervision, recognizing when assistance is required.
Willingness to assist others during short deadline projects and peak workloads.
Ability to develop and maintain sufficient working knowledge to effectively perform assigned responsibilities.