YAI HIRING PRODUCTION STAFF!
This post is designed as a general resume submission as well as a specific call to our upcoming production of Seussical!
All Twin Cities Directors, Designers, and potential Production Staff - Please email resumes to matthew at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line "YAI Artistic Staff - Your Name".
We additionally welcome all questions about our organization or this production. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions!
OPEN POSITIONS: We hire for the following Paid Positions:
- Assistant Director
- Music Director
- Stage Manager
- Assistant Stage Manager
- Set Designer
- Prop Master
- Sound Designer
- Lighting Designer
- Youth Intern Position
SEUSSICAL 2019 Summer Production:
The Young Artists Initiative is hiring for their 2019 Summer production of SEUSSICAL! Project commitment 6/23/19 - 8/11/19.
Rehearsals are Sundays through Thursdays from 6:30 to 9 p.m. in Saint Paul, beginning June 23rd (Potential Saturday rehearsals). Performances are August 8th-11th at the Wellstone Center in Saint Paul.
It is a registration based program for all youth actors and rehearsals will be held at the YAI Rehearsal space. 463 Maria Avenue • Saint Paul, MN 55106.
SEUSSICAL Performance Dates:
August 8th- 11th, 2018
SEUSSICAL Performance Location:
The Performance Space at Wellstone Center
179 Robie Street East, Saint Paul
For more info or to reserve a seat call
651-222-KIDS or visit www.youngartistsmn.org
The Cat in the Hat tells the story of Horton, an elephant who discovers a speck of dust that contains the Whos, including Jojo, a Who child sent off to military school for thinking too many "thinks." Horton faces a double challenge: not only must he protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, but he must guard an abandoned egg, left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. Although Horton faces ridicule, danger, kidnapping and a trial, the intrepid Gertrude McFuzz never loses faith in him. Ultimately, the powers of friendship, loyalty, family and community are challenged and emerge triumphant. Seussical is fun for the whole family!
Once again, this post is designed as a general resume submission as well as a specific call to our upcoming production of SEUSSICAL!
All Twin Cities Director, Designers, and potential Production Staff - Please email resumes to Matthew Berdahl (Artistic Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line "YAI Artistic Staff - Your Name".
Youth Participant Registrations are still being accepted to perform/ participate in SEUSSICAL! Total participant cost for the program is only $200, which includes a souvenir pack. Financial assistance also available upon request. For more detailed program information, visit www.youngartistsmn.org.
The mission of Young Artists Initiative (YAI) is to transform lives through theater! We do this by educating young theater artists through accessible, high quality performing arts programming offered in an inclusive community setting.
Our vision: A creative and engaged community where young people flourish – on and off the stage.
The following core values guide all YAI activities:
• Access – We increase access to high quality performing arts experiences through free classes, scholarships, and low/no cost tickets.
• Respect and acceptance – We value all young people for who they are; we embrace the understanding that there are no “cookie cutter” kids or families.
• Community – We bridge communities as we build our YAI family through volunteer involvement, performance, and celebrating the creative potential in every child.
• Learning by doing – We encourage youth to reach their greatest creative potential through collaboration with professional artists and leadership opportunities.
• Going beyond – We believe that whatever we put into a performance is what we get out of it. This commitment and passion helps youth build the skills and confidence necessary to exceed expectations in theater and in life.